Thursday, September 01, 2005

PLEASE Give to a Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund

It has been so sad watching the news lately. I was watching a special they had on the hurricane last night and I couldn't quit crying. I want to do something to help! People have been so generous. There are people here in Atlanta that are allowing people to live with them. The generosity of everyone has amazed me! My dad said that there are people from Louisiana and Mississippi in Stuttgart. The Baptist church, along with many others, are opening their doors for people to stay there. I was reading an e-mail from Arkansas Children's Hospital and all this week they have used one of their helicopters to pick patients, deliver food, etc. to New Orleans. Delta Airlines is flying people for free from New Orleans to Atlanta. Houston, TX has been giving nonstop. And the list goes on and on!!!!

I ask for everyone to give to the American Red Cross www.redcross.org, Feed the Children www.feedthechildren.org, or any relief fund!!! Look in your closets, give old clothes or even buy new clothes. I feel so helpless!! It just breaks my heart!! I just want to help in some way!!!

Everyone please say a prayer for the individuals who were associated with Hurricane Katrina!! Pray for a quick repair of these states! I pray for the health of these individuals! That these individuals get the food and water they need and the evacuation of these individual to a safer place! I pray that this will only make our country stronger and more united!

No comments:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker